We sit down for a conversation with Giant Sparrow’s Ian Dallas – creative director of the 2017 hit What Remains of Edith Finch and 2014’s The Unfinished Swan. This episode of Masters of Unlocking follows a bit of a different structure than our normal episodes – we kick things off with our interview with Ian and, afterwards, Caleb & Scott dive into an in-depth discussion of our thoughts about the interview and the game itself.
WARNING – the interview and following discussion contain SPOILERS about the game.
- A Conversation with “What Remains of Edith Finch” creative director Ian Dallas
- Thoughts on Storytelling
- Edith Finch’s origins as a scuba-diving simulator
- Why “What Remains of Edith Finch” is best told via the video game medium
- The books in the house and why they were chosen
- The thinking behind gameplay mechanics
- What’s next for Giant Sparrow?
- Caleb & Scott discuss their thoughts on “What Remains of Edith Finch“